Human Resources Specialist
HYBRID work schedule (work from home, and on-site at Bloomington, IN, office)
Solution Tree delivers comprehensive professional development to schools and districts around the world. We empower K–12 educators to raise student achievement through a wide range of services and products including educator conferences, customized district solutions for long-term professional development, books, videos, and online courses. When you join Solution Tree, you join a highly regarded team that is dedicated to providing quality and excellence in professional development. Guided by our mission, vision, and values, our team is united under one goal – to transform education worldwide to ensure learning for all. If you have the passion and skill to help further Solution Tree’s mission, we want to hear from you.
- Innovative, team-oriented environment
- Working with leading voices and rising stars in staff development
- A compensation package that includes competitive pay and benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401k, paid time off, and more.
- Doing work that matters
The Human Resources (HR) Specialist handles the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The HR Specialist carries out responsibilities in some or all of the department’s functional areas, including employee orientation, HRIS, recordkeeping, departmental development, recruitment, retention, and HR-related projects.
Summary of Essential Job Functions - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster a positive attitude toward company goals
- Managing the 30/60/90 new employee satisfaction survey
- Gathering data and generating various department reports to support KPIs and established HR metrics
- Updating the HR section of the company intranet
- Preparing the department newsletter
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs
- Recruiting and staffing logistics that include:
- screening applications and selecting qualified candidates to move forward in the hiring process
- scheduling interviews
- overseeing preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials
- assisting with the interview process
- attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders as needed
- collaborating with the hiring manager during the offer process by identifying and recommending start dates along with other pertinent details of the employment offer
- processing background checks
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Very light - one to two times per year.
Required Education and Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, nice to have, but not required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Solution Tree is an Affirmative Action - Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.