Sales Development Representative (SDR)
100% Remote - Candidates MUST Reside in Texas
Solution Tree delivers comprehensive professional development to schools and districts around the world. We empower K–12 educators to raise student achievement through a wide range of services and products including educator conferences, customized district solutions for long-term professional development, books, videos, and online courses. Our headquarters is located in beautiful downtown Bloomington, Indiana, home of Indiana University and some of the best cultural, educational, and natural resources in the area. When you join Solution Tree, you join a highly regarded team that is dedicated to providing quality and excellence in professional development. Guided by our mission, vision, and values, our team is united under one goal – to transform education worldwide to ensure learning for all. If you have the passion and skill to help further Solution Tree’s mission, we want to hear from you.
- Innovative, team-oriented environment
- Working with leading voices and rising stars in staff development
- A compensation package that includes competitive pay and benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401k, paid time off, and more.
- Doing work that matters
Sales Development Representative (SDR):
- Territory is the state of Texas
- Candidates MUST reside in Texas
As an important member of the Sales team, the Sales Development Representative (SDR) is responsible for executing inbound and outbound campaigns to generate qualified opportunities with prospect accounts for the sales team to pursue. Success will be measured by:
- Number of Sales Accepted Leads (SAL) received by the Directors of Educational Partnerships (DEPs)
- Number of SALs that convert to opportunities
- Number of qualified opportunities that convert to revenue
- Growth in revenue from prospect accounts
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Works collaboratively with sales and marketing to analyze the territory and develop campaigns to target prospect and growth accounts to improve revenue penetration
- Executes campaigns and engages with customers leveraging multiple channels (phone, email) to qualify leads at the initial stages of the pipeline for the sales team of Directors of Educational Partnerships (DEPs)
- Responsible for sourcing, qualifying, and assigning leads to DEPs daily
- Helps drive sales by identifying potential customers and qualifying their interest and viability while starting the relationship with Solution Tree
- Schedules meetings for sales to continue to develop the opportunities
- Successfully manages a high volume of lead research, prospecting, outreach, and qualification motions
- Supports the DEP in outreach objectives to drive attendance to events and to further the Solution Tree brand in key markets
- Product and market knowledge:
- Thorough understanding of Solution Tree products and services
- Ability to effectively convey the value proposition of Solution Tree in a concise manner to generate customer interest
- Selling Skills:
- Conduct research on organizations and contacts to help drive new leads and sales opportunities
- Manage a lead prospecting pipeline and maintain accurate information about prospects and their organizations
- Demonstrate a willingness to make outbound cold calls and send follow-ups
- Timely information-sharing with internal partners
- Collaboration Skills
- Organization Skills
- Persuasive Communication
- Results Orientation
- Diagnostic Information Gathering
This is a field position that requires a home office that is, ideally, based in the state of Texas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The SDR must have excellent written, verbal, and auditory communication skills and ability. They must be able to travel on occasion.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work and travel may be required as job duties demand.
While regular travel is not required for this role, there will be occasional travel of 5% - 15% for quarterly and annual meetings, as well as events.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of applicable work experience, preferably in B2B sales
- Leverages modern sales technologies to research and engage with prospects through targeted campaigns
- Strong written communication, phone, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to ask questions, gather information, and formulate an action plan to connect customer needs to solutions
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, take initiative, and manage time effectively
- Strong research skills to leverage data to inform campaign targeting strategies
- Maintain a prospective sales pipeline and target lists in Salesforce.com
- Motivated and results-driven
- Strong ownership, a bias for action, and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
- Technologically proficient with Salesforce.com, Outlook, Excel, Word, and Zoom
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Solution Tree is committed to the health and safety of its employees and the customers we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and onboarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources team will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage of the recruiting process, including if this role will require the selected candidate to be vaccinated.
Solution Tree is an Affirmative Action - Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.