Marketing Specialist – Writer
Remote Position! Candidate must be willing to work Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm Eastern time.
Do you love to write persuasive copy? Do you use proper capitalization, spelling and punctuation when sending texts? Are you curious to find answers? Do you blog or write for an audience on the web? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you need to apply for our Marketing Specialist – Writer position at Solution Tree.
We’re a K-12 educational publishing and professional development company in Bloomington, Indiana working with some of the best and brightest authors and experts to ensure learning for all across the globe. We’re looking for someone who is as passionate about transforming education as we are. If these attributes describe you, we should talk.
The Marketing Specialist – Writer supports marketing department efforts by executing assigned project details required to successfully launch and maintain marketing initiatives. The role functions primarily in the marketing department, but interfaces with other internal and external business partners.
PRIMARY DUTIES TO BE COMPLETED DAILY:
- Research and write marketing copy for online content and direct mail advertising.
- Write copy for selling tools.
- Write copy for e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Write news releases, letters of response, etc., as required.
- Format copy according to a style guide while adhering to internal review process.
- Proofread and edit as necessary.
- Research customer stories for case studies and evidence.
- Research and communicate with new affiliate sources like bloggers and social media personalities.
- Request information from new media sources.
- Observe products/services in use and examine them to gain understanding; have strong product knowledge.
- Have strong interest in veracity of claims and be willing to fact-check.
- Create web content with strong consideration of SEO best practices.
- Maintain accurate information in data files.
- Consider laws governing copy such as registered and trademarked symbols, and localization.
- Post press releases to content syndication tool.
- Demonstrates self-reliance by meeting/exceeding workflow needs.
- Follows established processes as outlined by manager.
- Participates in process review and improvement with manager.
- Complete assigned duties based on daily business needs and individual skill set.
- Consistently produces a high volume of quality work.
- Is capable and adapts as needed to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Complete quality assurance checks.
- Perform work accurately based on job functions/responsibilities, daily business needs and individual skill set.
- Always takes a courteous, helpful approach and is solution oriented.
- Demonstrates outstanding customer service skills.
- Works efficiently and respectfully with all customers both external and internal
- Communicates effectively, is thoughtful, articulate, clear, and concise.
- Is timely with all customers both external and internal and is available when needed.
- Is prompt and accurate with information/guidance when answering questions.
- Ensures a spirit of excellence, teamwork, collaboration, and cooperation.
- Serves as first point of contact for questions about house style, overall marketing voice and tone
- Functions as SME to fellow marketing specialists and members of the larger marketing communications team
- Volunteers to assist others to meet the workflow needs.
- Complies with Solution Tree employee manual, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Respects and protects confidential information.
- Demonstrates a positive, professional approach to work effectively with customers, vendors, and staff.
- Demonstrates the ability to exercises good judgment.
- Contributes to a positive, productive work environment.
- Attends required and other pertinent in-services, meetings, and takes advantage of internal educational opportunities.
- Maintains excellence in attendance and punctuality.
- Possesses strong communication skills; uses correct grammar, clear speech, provides prompt, professional responses.
- Is self-motivated, takes responsibility, and resolves situations.
Interpersonal Relationships (contacts inside/outside company):
- Marketing team members, authors, associates, and other stakeholders
Assets/Funds/Information (amount managed/custody of confidential data):
- Customer and order information, confidential account access information
Decisions and Actions (complexity/latitude/timeliness/impact):
- Analytical ability to define problems or opportunities, devises solutions, and lead implementation of solutions.
- Will meet required timeliness with accuracy in order to comply with business need and company policies.
- Will comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Prioritizes tasks and primary duties and within scope of position.
- Degree in Journalism with marketing/advertising/PR concentration
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and WordPress
- Proficient in MS Office and Google Docs
- Strong communication, collaboration, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload while adhering to critical project timelines and quality standards in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Ability to use social media platforms – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Takes initiative to ask for or suggest work beyond what is assigned
- Uses good judgment in asking for help
- The Marketing Specialist – Writer role typically requires the person to work Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm Eastern time. Occasionally, this role may require work outside of those hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Solution Tree is an Affirmative Action - Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.