Business Intelligence Developer
This position can be a remote position.
Solution Tree delivers comprehensive professional development to schools and districts around the world. We empower K–12 educators to raise student achievement through a wide range of services and products including educator conferences, customized district solutions for long-term professional development, books, videos, and online courses. Our headquarters is located in beautiful downtown Bloomington, Indiana, home of Indiana University and some of the best cultural, educational, and natural resources in the area. When you join Solution Tree, you join a highly regarded team that is dedicated to providing quality and excellence in professional development. Guided by our mission, vision, and values, our team is united under one goal – to transform education worldwide to ensure learning for all. If you have the passion and skill to help further Solution Tree’s mission, we want to hear from you.
- Innovative, team-oriented environment
- Working with leading voices and rising stars in staff development
- A compensation package that includes competitive pay and benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401k, paid time off, and more.
- Doing work that matters
Solution Tree is in need of a Business Intelligence Developer to join our Application Development team. This position is responsible for defining the policies, procedures, models, and technologies to be used in collecting, organizing, storing and accessing company information. The ideal candidate should have extensive development experience by using the leading BI software (like Mulesoft or Dell Boomi) and should be able to design, develop, and maintain data integration solutions. The successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating with other teams, analyzing business requirements, and designing and implementing data integration solutions to meet those requirements.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design, develop, and maintain data integration solutions by using the leading BI software (like Mulesoft or Dell Boomi)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze business requirements and design effective data integration solutions
- Provide guidance and support to team members in data integration best practices
- Understand the data needs of all departments and how departments need to access and share the data
- Ensure adherence to the regulations and guidelines for technological systems and safeguarding of data
- Understand the business logic in current systems and develop the data plans to optimize systems with best practices
- Lead the data warehouse project to provide the timely and accurate reports to the business heads and executives
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for data integration solutions
- Optimize data integration solutions for performance and scalability
- Troubleshoot and resolve data integration issues
- Data Guru
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, data science, or information systems
- 5+ years’ experience with various data and database development and administration experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Intelligence Developer, Data Architect, or a senior DBA
- Understanding of data analysis, business principles, and operations
- Solid knowledge of data integration concepts and techniques
- Experience with cloud data hosting and data management like AWS, Azure
- Experience with building ELT processes by using technologies like SSIS, Boomi, Mulesoft, or similar
- Experience with building the frontend reports with the capability to drill down to the details by leveraging BI tools like AWS QuickSight, Tableau, Zoho analytics or similar
- Experience with data warehouse design and implementation is a plus
- Experience with Netsuite and/or Salesforce is a plus
- Good documentation and communication skill
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Solution Tree is an Affirmative Action - Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.