Solution Tree delivers comprehensive professional development to schools and districts around the world. We empower K–12 educators to raise student achievement through a wide range of services and products including educator conferences, customized district solutions for long-term professional development, books, videos, and online courses. When you join Solution Tree, you join a highly regarded team that is dedicated to providing quality and excellence in professional development. Guided by our mission, vision, and values, our team is united under one goal – to transform education worldwide to ensure learning for all. If you have the passion and skill to help further Solution Tree’s mission, we want to hear from you.
- Innovative, team-oriented environment
- Working with leading voices and rising stars in staff development
- A compensation package that includes competitive pay and benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401k, paid time off, and more.
- Doing work that matters
As a member of the human resources team, the benefit coordinator will be responsible for administrating various employee benefits, including retirement savings, disability coverage, life and health insurance, and parental leave.
To be successful as a benefits coordinator, you should be very knowledgeable about employee benefits and the various laws and regulations which apply to them. Top candidates will also have great communication skills in order to educate employees about their benefits.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefit enrollments in the HR system to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Assists with the open enrollment process.
- Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges.
- Assists with the explanation of benefits to candidates & new hires.
- Performs quality checks of benefits-related data.
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
- Other duties as assigned
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Proficiency
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Annually for employee company meeting.
Required Education and Experience:
Associate's degree in HR or a related field, but experience and/or other training/certification may be substituted for the education.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Solution Tree is committed to the health and safety of its employees and the customers we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and onboarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources team will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage of the recruiting process, including if this role will require the selected candidate to be vaccinated.
Solution Tree is an Affirmative Action - Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.