Support marketing department efforts by writing marketing communications and executing assigned project details required to successfully launch and maintain social media marketing initiatives and coordination of AllThingsPLC.info. This role functions in the marketing department, but frequently interfaces with other internal stakeholders and our authors and/or associates.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Writing & Research
- Research and write content for scheduling and posting to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Proofread and edit as necessary.
- Research customer stories for case studies and evidence that is sharable on social media platforms.
- Research and communicate with new affiliate sources like bloggers and social media personalities.
- Request information from new media sources.
- Observe products/services in use and examine them to gain understanding; have strong product knowledge.
- Have strong interest in veracity of claims and always fact check.
- Create web content with strong consideration of SEO best practices.
- Maintain accurate information in data files.
- Consider laws governing copy such as registered and trademarked symbols, and localization.
- Post press releases to content syndication tool.
- Ensure timely and complete posting of news articles and press releases to websites.
- Implement webinar productions and operations.
- Use graphics generator (Canva) to compile brand-approved images for social media.
- Compile and send a weekly report to PLC at Work stakeholders.
- Monitor email inbox and respond as required.
- Post weekly regarding Twitter chat and archive.
- Maintain ATPLC blog content.
- Coordinate aspects of the annual DuFour Award.
Social Media Management
- Build audiences using social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for all brands including but not limited to Solution Tree, Solution Tree Australia, Solution Tree Canada, Marzano Research, and Dr. Robert J. Marzano
- Schedule posts using Hootsuite.
- Maintain editorial calendar which incorporates a strategic blend of corporate content, author content and third-party content
- Cultivate blogs for generating new leads and opportunities for Solution Tree and Marzano Research.
- Interact with Twitter in real-time and respond to direct messages in a timely fashion ensuring proper brand voice at all times.
- Compile monthly reports for each platform to show performance and growth over time.
- Implement paid advertising on social platforms and maintain invoicing records
- Best Practices
- Demonstrates self-reliance by meeting/exceeding workflow needs.
- Follows established processes as outlined by manager.
- Participates in process review and improvement with manager.
- Complete assigned duties based on daily business needs and individual skillset.
- Consistently produces a high volume of quality work.
- Is capable and adapts as needed to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Quality Assurance
- Complete quality assurance checks.
- Perform work accurately based on job functions/responsibilities, daily business needs, and individual skillset.
- Customer Service
- Always takes a courteous, helpful approach and is solution-oriented.
- Demonstrates outstanding customer service skills.
- Works efficiently and respectfully with all customers both external and internal.
- Communicates effectively, is thoughtful, articulate, clear and concise.
- Is timely with all customers both external and internal and is available when needed.
- Is prompt and accurate with information/guidance when answering questions.
- Team Work
- Ensures a spirit of excellence, teamwork, collaboration and cooperation.
- Volunteers to assist others to meet the workflow needs.
- Complies with Solution Tree employee manual, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Respects and protects confidential information.
- Demonstrates a positive, professional approach to work effectively with customers, vendors, and staff.
- Demonstrates the ability to exercises good judgment.
- Contributes to a positive, productive work environment.
- Attends required and other pertinent in-services, meetings, and takes advantage of internal educational opportunities.
- Maintains excellence in attendance and punctuality.
- Positive communication skills; correct grammar, clear speech, provides prompt, professional responses. Is self-motivated, takes responsibility, and resolves situations.
- Takes the initiative to ask for or suggest work beyond what is assigned
- Uses extremely good judgment when publishing posts or re-communicating posts from third parties
- Exhibits extreme diligence in maintaining our brand and our voice
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Some travel as business needs required
Required Education and Experience
- Degree in Journalism or Media preferred; 4-year degree required
- Degree concentration in public relations, media advertising or interactive media helpful
- 2 or more years of experience in social media for business preferred
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Strong editorial skills
- Strong communication, collaboration, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload while adhering to critical project timelines and quality standards in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Ability to use social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram
We request that you provide an online portfolio, containing examples of both web and print design along with your resume when submitting your application for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.