Solution Tree delivers comprehensive professional development to schools and districts around the world. We empower K–12 educators to raise student achievement through a wide range of services and products including educator conferences, customized district solutions for long-term professional development, books, videos, and online courses. When you join Solution Tree, you join a highly regarded team that is dedicated to providing quality and excellence in professional development. Guided by our mission, vision, and values, our team is united under one goal – to transform education worldwide to ensure learning for all. If you have the passion and skill to help further Solution Tree’s mission, we want to hear from you.
- Innovative, team-oriented environment
- Working with leading voices and rising stars in staff development
- A compensation package that includes competitive pay and benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401k, paid time off, and more.
- Doing work that matters
The Editorial Assistant provides a wide range of administrative and editorial support to all members of Solution Tree Press. This role is based in Bloomington, Indiana.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Codes manuscripts according to the Solution Tree Press style template
- Checks in-text citations and reference lists for accuracy of information and APA style
- Writes executive summaries and study guides
- Prepares look-insides and reproducibles in Adobe Acrobat
- Curates lists of potential book endorsers
- Coordinates booth materials and registration for the Frankfurt Book Fair
- Plans and carries out logistics for in-person department events
- Submits entries for book awards
- Handles all shipping and mailing for the department
- Manages Publisher’s travel arrangements and expenses
- Provides in-office administrative support
- Proofreads as needed using standard proofreading marks
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communication, or related field preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with CMS and APA styles preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency on a proofreading test
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects while prioritizing and meeting deadlines
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Solution Tree is committed to the health and safety of its employees and the customers we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and onboarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources team will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage of the recruiting process, including if this role will require the selected candidate to be vaccinated.
Solution Tree is an Affirmative Action - Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.