California PD Project Manager
Solution Tree delivers comprehensive professional development to schools and districts around the world. We empower K–12 educators to raise student achievement through a wide range of services and products including educator conferences, customized district solutions for long-term professional development, books, videos, and online courses. Our headquarters is located in beautiful downtown Bloomington, Indiana, home of Indiana University and some of the best cultural, educational, and natural resources in the area. When you join Solution Tree, you join a highly regarded team that is dedicated to providing quality and excellence in professional development. Guided by our mission, vision, and values, our team is united under one goal – to transform education worldwide to ensure learning for all. If you have the passion and skill to help further Solution Tree’s mission, we want to hear from you.
- Innovative, team-oriented environment
- Working with leading voices and rising stars in staff development
- A compensation package that includes competitive pay and benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401k, paid time off, and more.
- Doing work that matters
The California PD Project Manager is a member of the state office team and is focused on ensuring a high-touch, high-quality professional development experience for our customers. They will be responsible for the day-to-day management of project logistics and communication, ensuring all deliverables are executed on time, on budget, and within the established content guidelines. The California PD Project Manager thinks strategically, understands internal processes, and interacts well with a wide range of personalities in various positions. They will also maintain excellent communication with internal and external customers keeping complex priorities in balance while providing exceptional customer service. Being adept at problem-solving and focusing on details to ensure that projects are on track is critical to success in this role.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Manage internal and external resources to ensure milestones are met on a day-to-day basis, communicating schedule changes to ensure consistent team alignment
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to coordinate project kick-offs, check-ins, internal handoffs and final deliveries
- Create and maintain communication plans, project dashboards, status reports, and timelines for multiple customers simultaneously
- Track project progress and communicate status to stakeholders and visibility partners
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues that arise with respect to project delivery
- Build and foster internal relationships through effective communication and management of expectations
- Acts as a point of contact for our mid-sized to large-sized customers.
- Articulate do-able goals, requirements, and schedules with all stakeholders
- Work with education specialists for advanced content implementation as needed
- Demonstrate ability to understand company products and services
- Assist internal stakeholders with ongoing process optimization
- Ability to work effectively in a multiple-deadline environment
- Travel to customer sites as needed
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. This person lives in the state and maintains an office in the capital city.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Some travel is expected.
- The best candidate will have K–12 educational experience and/or relevant program/project management experience.
- Our company desires team members who have a customer service orientation, need little supervision, and are committed to team success.
- Candidates must be self-motivated with an eye for detail and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities are critical.
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy are required.
- Bachelor’s degree and proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Solution Tree is committed to the health and safety of its employees and the customers we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and onboarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources team will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage of the recruiting process, including if this role will require the selected candidate to be vaccinated.
Solution Tree is an Affirmative Action - Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.