Professional Development Project Manager
- Bloomington, IN
- Full Time
- Solution Tree, Inc.
- Mid Level
The Project Manager is a member of the Professional Development Department and is focused on ensuring a high-touch, high-quality professional development experience for our customers. He/she will be responsible for the day-to-day management of project logistics and communication, ensuring all deliverables are executed on time, on budget, and within the established content guidelines. The Project Manager thinks strategically, understands internal processes, and interacts well with a wide range of personalities in various positions. The Project Manager maintains excellent communication with internal and external customers keeping complex priorities in balance while providing exceptional customer service. The Project Manager is adept at problem-solving and focuses on the detail to ensure that the projects are on track.
Summary of essential job functions
- Manage internal and external resources to ensure milestones are met on a day-to-day basis, communicating schedule changes to ensure consistent team alignment
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to coordinate project kick-offs, check-ins, internal handoffs and final deliveries
- Create and maintain communication plans, project dashboards, status reports, and timelines for multiple customers simultaneously
- Track project progress and communicate status to stakeholders and visibility partners
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues that arise with respect to project delivery
- Build and foster internal relationships through effective communication and management of expectations
- Acts as a point of contact for our mid-sized to large-sized customers.
- Articulate do-able goals, requirements, and schedules with all stakeholders
- Work with education specialists for advanced content implementation as needed
- Demonstrate ability to understand company products and services
- Assist internal stakeholders with ongoing process optimization
- Ability to work effectively in a multiple-deadline environment
- Travel to customer sites as needed
This is a full-time position based in Bloomington, Indiana, with occasional travel required. As the Project Manager, you will contribute to our goal of maintaining our position as the premier K–12 professional development provider in North America. The best candidate will have K–12 educational experience and/or relevant program/project management experience. Our company desires team members who have a customer service orientation, need little supervision, and are committed to team success. Candidates must be self-motivated with an eye for detail and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities are critical. Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy are required. Bachelor’s degree and proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential.