Assistant Marketing Program Manager
THIS IS A 100% REMOTE ROLE
Solution Tree delivers comprehensive professional development to schools and districts around the world. We empower K–12 educators to raise student achievement through a wide range of services and products including educator conferences, customized district solutions for long-term professional development, books, videos, and online courses. Our headquarters is located in beautiful downtown Bloomington, Indiana, home of Indiana University and some of the best cultural, educational, and natural resources in the area. When you join Solution Tree, you join a highly regarded team that is dedicated to providing quality and excellence in professional development. Guided by our mission, vision, and values, our team is united under one goal – to transform education worldwide to ensure learning for all. If you have the passion and skill to help further Solution Tree’s mission, we want to hear from you.
- Innovative, team-oriented environment
- Working with leading voices and rising stars in staff development
- A compensation package that includes competitive pay and benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401k, paid time off, and more.
- Doing work that matters
Position: Assistant Marketing Program Manager
The Assistant Marketing Program Manager will support Events and Resources and will monitor and support individual strategy and campaigns for Solution Tree events and resources. This includes strategic efforts to drive event attendance, book and video sales, and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure fully informed, aligned marketing efforts. The person in this role will be responsible for gathering and analyzing data on product-related marketing to inform strategy. This role will also help build and maintain measurement plans for events and resources.
Summary of Essential Job Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Gathers data, solicits input from stakeholders, and collaborates with Project Managers to create strategy and campaign plans that define: target audience; number, format, and timing of marketing pieces; target outcomes, critical benchmarks, and planned interventions; list segmentation; and budget impact
- Coordinates product campaigns with those from other Marketing Program Managers (Events, Resources) to ensure aligned goals, strategies, and branding
- Proactively shares guiding tools and documents that describe the strategy and campaigns to align efforts internally and externally
- Assists with the execution of product marketing pieces to ensure timely, strategic, and effective delivery
- Works alongside Project Manager to purchase relevant media (ads, lists, etc.) needed to support campaigns, while staying within budgets
- Uses content management/scheduling software to monitor and support execution of product-related marketing pieces
- Tracks and analyzes product sales data on an ongoing basis; reports results to the Program Manager and Marketing team; adjusts campaigns as needed to ensure results
- Collects artifacts and feedback on completed campaigns to aid future planning and budgeting
- Ownership of the Marketing calendar/internal project tracker
- Input requests into project management software
- Creation of marketing collateral including sell sheets, print and digital ads, catalog development, email,
- Assist in driving event registrations through organic and paid social media
- Report preparation and other marketing and advertising initiatives as assigned
Interpersonal Relationships (contacts inside/outside company)
- Communicates campaign status and needs with Program Managers
- Communicates campaign needs and project specifications with Creative Services/Design Team
- Communicates website, email, and social media campaign needs with Web, Design, and MarComm teams
- Invites campaign input and feedback from heads of Sales, the Press, Customer Service, and other product stakeholders
- Identifies ways to help authors and presenters promote products
- Secures appropriate vendor services as needed
Assets/Funds/Information (amount managed/custody of confidential data)
Works with Events and Resources Program Managers to inform general departmental priorities during annual budgeting.
Decisions and Actions (complexity/latitude/timeliness/impact)
Under guidance from Events and Resources Program Managers, this person responds to product campaign deficiencies with specific plans executed in a timely fashion. They also share information broadly and proactively across the company to mobilize campaign engagement from a wide spectrum of stakeholders.
All other duties as assigned.
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Ingenuity/Creative thinking
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Some travel required [quarterly department meetings and annual employee retreat]
Required Education and Experience
- BA preferred but not required; degree in marketing, publishing, or business preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a marketing position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Superior communication, collaboration, and organization skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Thorough knowledge of data monitoring and reporting
- Ability to learn and use project management software
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, social media organic and paid ads.
- Thinks strategically and helps to execute effective, creative, informed campaigns that accomplish revenue goals
- Shows resourcefulness in identifying interventions and supports for struggling products
- Proactively suggests systems to organize information and workflow to execute campaigns
- Forges strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Takes initiative to analyze and present data to others to build support and demonstrate results
- Shows patience, flexibility, and resourcefulness in communicating and resolving issues with others
- Ability to prioritize
- An appropriate sense of urgency with deadlines and communications
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Solution Tree is committed to the health and safety of its employees and the customers we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and onboarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources team will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage of the recruiting process, including if this role will require the selected candidate to be vaccinated.
Solution Tree is an Affirmative Action - Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.