HYBRID ROLE (onsite in Bloomington, IN, at least once a week); TRAVEL 50-60 NIGHTS PER YEAR
The Event Manager is responsible for planning and executing educational conferences across America, ranging from workshops with 75-100 attendees to Summits and Institutes with over 2000 educators. The Event Manager is the primary point person for these events – they coordinate with hotels, negotiate with outside vendors, and lead an onsite support staff to create an amazing experience for our presenters and K-12 educators. Solution Tree is looking for someone with event-planning experience who is passionate about education and excited about opportunities to travel and grow their career.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Detailed logistical planning and strong organizational skills
- Frequent communication with conference venues, various service providers, presenters, and attendees
- Contract negotiations
- Long term management of several projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to details
- Thorough understanding of budgeting
- Ability to manage a team of on-site staff
- Attention to Detail
- Strong Communication Skills
- Customer focus
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Zoom, and Google docs)
This job operates in a professional office environment using standard office equipment. At our events, this job requires the ability to be on your feet for multiple hours, a significant amount of walking, and occasionally pushing/pulling/lifting heavy objects to set-up and tear-down an event.
Travel: 50-60 nights/year
Level of Education: BA
Years of Experience: Entry-level (1-2 years preferred)
Solution Tree delivers comprehensive professional development to schools and districts around the world. We empower K–12 educators to raise student achievement through a wide range of services and products including educator conferences, customized district solutions for long-term professional development, books, videos, and online courses. When you join Solution Tree, you join a highly regarded team that is dedicated to providing quality and excellence in professional development. Guided by our mission, vision, and values, our team is united under one goal – to transform education worldwide to ensure learning for all. If you have the passion and skill to help further Solution Tree’s mission, we want to hear from you.
- Innovative, team-oriented environment
- Working with leading voices and rising stars in staff development
- A compensation package that includes competitive pay and benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401k, paid time off, and more.
- Doing work that matters
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Solution Tree is an Affirmative Action - Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.