Video and Platform Production Assistant
Solution Tree delivers comprehensive professional development to schools and districts around the world. We empower K–12 educators to raise student achievement through a wide range of services and products including educator conferences, customized district solutions for long-term professional development, books, videos, and online courses. Our headquarters is located in beautiful downtown Bloomington, Indiana, home of Indiana University and some of the best cultural, educational, and natural resources in the area. When you join Solution Tree, you join a highly regarded team that is dedicated to providing quality and excellence in professional development. Guided by our mission, vision, and values, our team is united under one goal – to transform education worldwide to ensure learning for all. If you have the passion and skill to help further Solution Tree’s mission, we want to hear from you.
- Innovative, team-oriented environment
- Working with leading voices and rising stars in staff development
- A compensation package that includes competitive pay and benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401k, paid time off, and more.
- Doing work that matters
As an important member of the Strategic Initiatives department, the Video and Platform Production Assistant reports directly to the Vice President of the group and performs in an agile video production environment designed to capture a very high volume of quality footage from associate interviews, teacher interviews, and classrooms. This footage will be edited and optimized for use in a key strategic initiative. The ideal candidate will work with Solution Tree and Marzano Resources authors, associates, teachers and internal stakeholders to assist in the capture of the most compelling story related to the purpose of each video. The Video and Platform Production Assistant will complete multiple tasks related to video production, equipment maintenance, planning, and other items in order to help the team meet key goals related to an ambitious project.
- Assist with a cost-effective and agile process for capturing video footage, reviewing, and manipulating footage
- Planning of shoots, preparing talent setup instructions, and organizing schedules
- Be present for filming set-ups and interviews, primarily virtual (some on set or on location possible)
- Prepare equipment for shipping in coordination with filming and shipping schedules
- Ensure that equipment is properly configured and in good working condition
- Process incoming footage using Media Encoder and Google Drive
- Create thumbnails for the platform
- Render final videos
- Input platform users and address other technical platform needs
- Assist content team in preparing a very tight paper script for the editing team
- Assist with editing footage in post-production with audio and visual effects
- Demonstrated videography capabilities and equipment knowledge, including experience meeting lighting and sound requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work within budgetary and time constraints
- Working knowledge of Adobe CC (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder, Photoshop) and Google Suite
- Basic experience editing audio and video
- A demonstrated history of resourcefulness — overcoming obstacles to creatively solve problems
- Ability to adapt quickly and efficiently during filming
- Excellent communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality
Demonstrated proficiency is needed the following applications:
This role requires video production and editing experience in a fast-paced, commercial environment; a degree in film, media, or another relevant field is desired and two to four years of experience is preferred. Must also be adept in:
- Adobe Premiere
- After Effects
- Google Suite
Solution Tree provides a flexible work environment. This position primarily requires in-office work but offers optional work from home days. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic) and frequent use of electronic screens are regular in this position.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.