WORK FROM HOME 3 DAYS A WEEK (HYBRID) | 1 to 2 DAYS A WEEK IN BLOOMINGTON, IN
Solution Tree delivers comprehensive professional development to schools and districts around the world. We empower K–12 educators to raise student achievement through a wide range of services and products including educator conferences, customized district solutions for long-term professional development, books, videos, and online courses. When you join Solution Tree, you join a highly regarded team that is dedicated to providing quality and excellence in professional development. Guided by our mission, vision, and values, our team is united under one goal – to transform education worldwide to ensure learning for all. If you have the passion and skill to help further Solution Tree’s mission, we want to hear from you.
- Innovative, team-oriented environment
- Working with leading voices and rising stars in staff development
- A compensation package that includes competitive pay and benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401k, paid time off, and more.
- Doing work that matters
The Staff Accountant plays an essential role in our monthly accounting processes. This position performs various tasks within the Accounting Department such as assisting with month-end close processes, preparing monthly reports and other tasks as assigned. The ideal candidate has a minimum of three years or more of progressive experience as an accountant.
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Journal entries
- Revenue accounting
- Bank reconciliations
- Financial statement preparation
- Financial statement variance analysis
- Assistance with preparing annual audit requests
- Other department tasks and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as an accountant.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (ie Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Solution Tree is committed to the health and safety of its employees and the customers we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and onboarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources team will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage of the recruiting process, including if this role will require the selected candidate to be vaccinated.
Solution Tree is an Affirmative Action - Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.