Marzano Resources Business Development Manager
- Denver, CO
- Full Time
Business Development Manager Position Summary
Territory: CO, KS, NE, OK, UT, WY
The Business Development Manager (BDM) role is an outside sales position covering the territory as described above. The position requires the ability to develop and strategically execute a territory sales plan that meets or exceeds the revenue goals established around our core offerings of print and online resources, educator events, and onsite professional development.
Summary of essential job functions
- Achievement of quarterly and annual contracted revenue sales goals.
- Expense management that complies with company guidelines and demonstrates fiscal responsibility and judgment.
- Product and market knowledge:
- Ability to present unique product offerings and comprehensive solutions to individuals and groups
- Utilization of competition knowledge to inform sales strategy
- Observing market trends and communicating to customers and colleagues
- Selling Skills:
- Solution Selling
- Account targeting and territory planning
- Developing and nurturing customer relationships with key decision-makers including Superintendents, district administrators, and school Principals
- Timely information-sharing with sales management and internal partners
- Successful business meetings with decision-makers in person, by phone, and via video conferencing
- Technologically proficient with Salesforce.com, Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Collaboration Skills
- Organization Skills
- Persuasive Communication
- Technical Capacity
- Results Orientation
- Diagnostic Information Gathering
This is a field position that requires the candidate to be based in the physical territory. The ideal candidate should reside in Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Utah or Wyoming.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Business Development Manager must have excellent written, verbal, and auditory communication skills and ability. They must have a valid driver's license and be physically able to drive and travel. Light lifting will be required on occasion.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Occasional evening and weekend work and travel may be required as job duties demand.
Overnight and out-of-state travel may be required for this position, determined by business and customer needs. The amount of travel is directly related to meeting territory sales goals, and will vary. The typical BDM with a multi-state territory will travel at approximately 20- 30% of the time.
Required Education and Experience
Minimum five years of successful sales experience
Two years K-12 sales experience required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.