Sales Support Specialist
Solution Tree delivers comprehensive professional development to schools and districts around the world. We empower K–12 educators to raise student achievement through a wide range of services and products including educator conferences, customized district solutions for long-term professional development, books, videos, and online courses. Our headquarters is located in beautiful downtown Bloomington, Indiana, home of Indiana University and some of the best cultural, educational, and natural resources in the area. When you join Solution Tree, you join a highly regarded team that is dedicated to providing quality and excellence in professional development. Guided by our mission, vision, and values, our team is united under one goal – to transform education worldwide to ensure learning for all. If you have the passion and skill to help further Solution Tree’s mission, we want to hear from you.
- Innovative, team-oriented environment
- Working with leading voices and rising stars in staff development
- A compensation package that includes competitive pay and benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401k, paid time off, and more.
- Doing work that matters
Position Summary: Hybrid Position, must reside within driving distance of Bloomington, IN
The primary goal of a Sales Support Specialist is to assist with administrative duties required for the execution of the sale through a multitude of internal processes. As an integral part of the sales team, the Sales Support Specialist works closely with regional sales reps to provide information and support. The Sales Support team works interdependently with several departments throughout Solution Tree.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
The essential job function is to provide support to the sales team in various ways, including, but not limited to:
- Working within our CRM, Salesforce.com, to complete the process of ‘closing an opportunity’. This process requires multiple steps and great attention to detail
- Working closely with other departments to execute the functions that require cross-departmental cooperation
- Providing sales reps with status updates as needed on all sales opportunities (copies of invoices, etc.)
- Acting as the liaison for sales reps with all internal departments to ensure efficient processing of all requests
- May possibly include communicating (via written and verbal interaction) with customers directly to secure documentation (purchase order, multiple registration form, etc.)
- Monitoring sales support inbox communication
- Extracting relevant data from our various systems (SF.com, EventPro, Netsuite), as requested, to support sales strategies as it relates to regional territory action plans
- Communicating with sales reps regarding customer’s account receivable status
- Assisting with month-end reconciliation of all sales opportunities
- Processing invoicing, credit memos & customer payments
- Responding to inquiries and requests from sales leadership to include creation of and assembly of materials for sales presentations and/or meetings
- Supplying sales team with samples of new releases, including samples to customers as requested by sales team
- Participating in weekly sales support meetings, and bi-monthly sales team meetings in a collaborative way
Required Education and Experience:
- Highschool diploma (or GED) required; some college preferred
- At least one year of work experience in a related role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, with efficient time management
- Ability to work independently while being part of a larger team
- Excellent customer service skills with a desire to help team members
- Ability to problem solve and assist when something is outside of the usual process
- Knowledge of accounting processes with regards to invoicing, credit memos & customer payments
- Quick to learn new software, programs, and processes
- Attention to detail and project focused
- Able to analyze and interpret data
- Familiarity with MS Office applications
- Experience with Salesforce.com, a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Solution Tree is committed to the health and safety of its employees and the customers we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and onboarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources team will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage of the recruiting process, including if this role will require the selected candidate to be vaccinated.
Solution Tree is an Affirmative Action - Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.