Tier 1 Help Desk Technician
***HYBRID WORK SCHEDULE*** MUST REPORT TO THE OFFICE LOCATED - BLOOMINGTON, IN
Solution Tree delivers comprehensive professional development to schools and districts around the world. We empower K–12 educators to raise student achievement through a wide range of services and products including educator conferences, customized district solutions for long-term professional development, books, videos, and online courses. Our headquarters is located in beautiful downtown Bloomington, Indiana, home of Indiana University and some of the best cultural, educational, and natural resources in the area. When you join Solution Tree, you join a highly regarded team that is dedicated to providing quality and excellence in professional development. Guided by our mission, vision, and values, our team is united under one goal – to transform education worldwide to ensure learning for all. If you have the passion and skill to help further Solution Tree’s mission, we want to hear from you.
- Innovative, team-oriented environment
- Working with leading voices and rising stars in staff development
- A compensation package that includes competitive pay and benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401k, paid time off, and more.
- Doing work that matters
Tier 1 Help Desk Technician
The Tier 1 Help Desk Technician answers help desk requests, logs tickets, responds to those issues that are within the realm of their expertise and escalates to others if needed. This person will also perform basic user setups across multiple company applications and configure new or used PCs or Macs for use by new employees. The person will be responsible for keeping the IT and server areas organized and ensuring that all technology in the main office is tested regularly. The person will be responsible for occasional audits and maintenance tasks on various software systems. When possible, this person will have the opportunity to learn and perform more in-depth technology / networking tasks.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answer email and phone requests regarding helpdesk issues.
- Log tickets and respond to any issues that are within the realm of expertise; escalate issues to others if needed.
- Perform basic new user setup and maintenance across various company applications, such as Google Suite, Microsoft Outlook, and Zoom.
- Perform basic computer configuration on both Macintosh and PC based computers.
- Keep IT and server areas organized.
- Assist new employees onboard and demonstrate the functionality of software or hardware to the users.
- Host the IT orientations to the new employees.
- Perform onsite tech support in the Bloomington office.
- Support company POS (point-of-sale) system, including travel to events.
- Perform audits and maintenance on different software systems.
- Assist in the testing of new technology solutions.
- Assist in maintaining and upgrading AWS (Amazon Web Service) environments.
Support employees working remotely.
- Assist with setup of onsite meetings and provide support for remote attendees.
- Customer support
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some projects may require more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma.
- Familiarity with the Windows workstation (10, 11) and servers (2012, 2016, 2019, 2022).
- Basic hardware/software/network troubleshooting skills.
- Active Directory and Domain Controller experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of cloud hosting like AWS and Azure is a plus.
- Customer Service experience is a plus.
- Prior Networking experience is a plus.
- Mac Experience is definitely a plus.
- Ability and desire to learn more about networking/software/hardware.
- Experience with MS E3, Zendesk, G-suite, Salesforce, NetSuite is a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Solution Tree is an Affirmative Action - Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.