- Bloomington, IN
- Full Time
- Entry Level
As an important member of the Events Team, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting the department by handling the detailed preparation and organization of all communications to attendees, staff, and presenters for assigned conferences, institutes, and workshops. They will work closely with the Communications Manager, event managers, customer service, and other departments within the company as well as many outside vendors to provide top quality communication regarding all events.
Summary of essential job functions
- Providing administrative support to the Events department leaders and events managers
- Handling the detailed preparation and organization of all communications to attendees, staff, and presenters for assigned conferences, institutes, and workshops
- Communicating with peers, presenters, and attendees
- Ability to perform detailed logistical planning
- Long term management of multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to manage those projects at one time with accuracy
- Name badge organization
- Cover sheets for class climate survey data
- Scanning workshop evaluations
- Other duties as assigned
- Collaboration Skills
- Organization Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Strong Communication Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Results Orientation
- Customer Focused
This job operates in a professional office environment (at the Solution Tree corporate office in Bloomington, IN) and remotely.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Communications Coordinator must have excellent written, verbal, and auditory communication skills and ability. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and scanners, and requires the ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work and travel are required as job duties demand.
While regular travel is not required for this role, there will be the travel of approximately 10% for quarterly and annual meetings, as well as events.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates degree (or higher) required bachelor's degree preferred
- 1 – 2 years of related work experience is highly preferred
- Strong customer service skills required with knowledge of events registration a plus
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Mastery of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel, required
- Basic knowledge of social media required
- Knowledge of Google drive needed
- Strong written communication, phone, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, take initiative and manage time effectively
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.