Contracting Support Coordinator
- Bloomington, IN
- Full Time
- Solution Tree, Inc.
- Entry Level
Solution Tree delivers comprehensive professional development to schools and districts around the world. We empower K–12 educators to raise student achievement through a wide range of services and products including educator conferences, customized district solutions for long-term professional development, books, videos, and online courses. Our headquarters is located in beautiful downtown Bloomington, Indiana, home of Indiana University and some of the best cultural, educational, and natural resources in the area. When you join Solution Tree, you join a highly regarded team that is dedicated to providing quality and excellence in professional development. Guided by our mission, vision, and values, our team is united under one goal – to transform education worldwide to ensure learning for all. If you have the passion and skill to help further Solution Tree’s mission, we want to hear from you.
- Innovative, team-oriented environment
- Working with leading voices and rising stars in staff development
- A compensation package that includes competitive pay and benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401k, paid time off, and more
- Doing work that matters
This position is eligible for remote work.
The Contracting Support Coordinator (Events) is a detail-oriented role that supports the strategic planning of live, in-person events for Solution Tree and Marzano Resources. This role manages data entry and department reports and is integral to ensuring success during the sourcing and contracting process for live events.
- Review hotel and venue contracts for accuracy and inclusion of key clauses.
- Collaborates with event managers to ensure all parties follow up on terms of the contract. Including but not limited to reviewing final invoices, following up on commission and rebates payments.
- Maintain critical databases through data entry. Collect information from multiple sources for entry. Responsible for exporting data for use in future planning initiatives and financial reconciliation.
- Assist with sourcing during the fact-finding stage; research potential locations and identify key contacts.
- Manage event launches with internal departments once contracts are executed. Will collaborate with marketing, accounting and customer service departments to ensure events are available to accept paid registrations.
- Some travel required; attend live events as support staff and travel to site visits, as needed.
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized, strong project management skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Expert in Excel (pivot tables, V lookups, etc.)
- Experience with floor planning software preferred (CAD, Social Tables)
- Experience in hospitality or event management is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Contracting Support Coordinator must have excellent written, verbal, and auditory communication skills and ability. They must have a valid driver's license and be physically able to drive and travel. Light lifting will be required on occasion.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Occasional evening and weekend work and travel may be required as job duties demand.