Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Remote position - Ideal candidates will reside in the Central or Eastern time zone
Marzano Resources, formerly Marzano Research, is dedicated to helping K–12 educators advance student achievement. Built on the foundation of Dr. Robert J. Marzano’s 50 years of education research, Marzano Resources supports teachers and administrators through customizable on-site professional development, educator events, virtual coaching, books, videos, and online courses. Our associates and authors are thought leaders in the field of education and deliver research-backed guidance for all major areas of schooling, including curriculum development, instruction, assessment, student engagement, and personalized competency-based education. Marzano Resources is located in Centennial, Colorado, with additional offices in Bloomington, Indiana.
- Innovative, team-oriented environment
- Working with leading voices and rising stars in staff development
- A compensation package that includes competitive pay and benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401k, paid time off, and more.
- Doing work that matters
As an essential member of the Sales team, this Sales Development Representative role (known internally as a Professional Learning Advisor or a PLA), is responsible for executing inbound and outbound campaigns to generate qualified opportunities with prospective accounts for the sales team to pursue. Success will be measured by:
- Number of Sales Accepted Leads (SAL) received by the Business Development Managers (BDMs)
- Number of SALs that convert to opportunities
- Number of qualified opportunities that convert to revenue
- Growth in revenue from prospect accounts
Summary of essential job functions
- Works collaboratively with sales and marketing to analyze the territory and develop campaigns to target prospect and growth accounts to improve revenue penetration
- Executes campaigns and engages with customers leveraging multiple channels (phone, email) to qualify leads at the initial stages of the pipeline for the sales team of Business Development Managers (BDMs)
- Responsible for sourcing, qualifying, and assigning leads to BDMs daily
- Helps drive sales by identifying potential customers and qualifying their interest and viability while starting the relationship with Marzano Resources
- Schedules meetings for sales to continue to develop the opportunities
- Successfully manages a high volume of lead research, prospecting, outreach, and qualification motions
- Supports the BDM in outreach objectives to drive attendance to events and to further the Marzano Resources brand in key markets
Product and market knowledge:
- Thorough understanding of Marzano Resources products and services
- Ability to effectively convey the value proposition of Marzano Resources in a concise manner to generate customer interest
- Conduct research on organizations and contacts to help drive new leads and sales opportunities
- Manage a lead prospecting pipeline and maintain accurate information about prospects and their organizations
- Demonstrate a willingness to make outbound cold calls and send follow-ups
- Timely information-sharing with internal partners
- Technologically proficient with Salesforce.com, Outlook, Excel, Word and Zoom
- Collaboration Skills
- Organization Skills
- Persuasive Communication
- Results Orientation
- Diagnostic Information Gathering
This is a field position that requires a home office that is, ideally, based in the Central or Eastern time zone.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The incumbent must have excellent written, verbal, and auditory communication skills and ability. They must be able to travel on occasion.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Occasional evening and weekend work and travel may be required as job duties demand.
While regular travel is not required for this role, there will be occasional travel of 5% - 15% for quarterly and annual meetings, as well as events.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years of applicable work experience, preferably in B2B sales
- Leverages modern sales technologies to research and engage with prospects through targeted campaigns
- Strong written communication, phone, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to ask questions, gather information and formulate an action plan to connect customer needs to solutions
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, take initiative, and manage time effectively
- Strong research skills to leverage data to inform campaign targeting strategies
- Maintain a prospective sales pipeline and target lists in Salesforce.com
- Motivated and results-driven
- Strong ownership, bias for action, and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Marzano Resources is an Affirmative Action - Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.