Director of EdTech Sales - Avanti
Solution Tree delivers comprehensive professional development to schools and districts around the world. We empower K–12 educators to raise student achievement through a wide range of services and products including educator conferences, customized district solutions for long-term professional development, books, videos, and online courses. Our headquarters is located in beautiful downtown Bloomington, Indiana, home of Indiana University and some of the best cultural, educational, and natural resources in the area. When you join Solution Tree, you join a highly regarded team that is dedicated to providing quality and excellence in professional development. Guided by our mission, vision, and values, our team is united under one goal – to transform education worldwide to ensure learning for all. If you have the passion and skill to help further Solution Tree’s mission, we want to hear from you.
- Innovative, team-oriented environment
- Working with leading voices and rising stars in staff development
- A compensation package that includes competitive pay and benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401k, paid time off, and more.
- Doing work that matters
This Director of EdTech Sales works with a collaborative team of sales professionals to sell proven K-12 professional development programs and services. It's an exciting role, as the position partners with educators and administrators to develop solutions that will support and enhance student success. The selected candidate will enjoy a competitive base salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package.
This is a remote sales position covering the territory in addition to leading a sales team. The Director of EdTech Sales position requires the ability to develop, lead and strategically execute a sales plan that meets or exceeds the revenue goals established around the technology offering of Avanti - our new, easy to use professional development platform designed by teachers for teachers. Avanti is a learning hub for teachers with different needs and the same goal—ensuring high levels of learning for every student.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Provide leadership to direct reports by setting objectives, training and coaching, and monitoring performance to ensure that responsibilities are fulfilled and goals are achieved
- Identify knowledge gaps within the team and develop a plan to fill them
- Ensure that company quotas and standards are met by holding check-ins with direct reports to set objectives for the day and to monitor progress
- Manage month-end and year-end close processes
- Become a content area expert with Avanti and other Solution Tree Ed Tech offerings
- Align Avanti offerings with the customer’s professional development strategy
- Own the sales process from start to finish by understanding goals and developing strategies to achieve them
- Create alternative selling strategies that move conversations forward when negotiations have stalled or are “stuck” or when goals are not being met
- Facilitate product understanding and engagement to maximize sales and exceed sales targets
- Qualify new sales opportunities by utilizing discovery techniques to understand the budget, decision-maker(s), need(s), timing, and overall fit
- Collaborate in the identification of target schools and school districts as well as mapping of roles and decision-makers within assigned territory
- Build, maintain, and forecast an accurate sales pipeline and log activities in CRM (Salesforce)
- Research and understand the Ed Tech competitive landscape to inform sales strategy
- Develop and nurture customer relationships with key decision-makers including superintendents, district administrators, and school principals
- Set and run custom demos and other meetings with key decision-makers that highlight functionality, value propositions, and differentiators of our products to prospects via Zoom, phone, or in-person presentations
- Negotiate deals to close/won
- Develop sales and marketing strategies in collaboration with sales leadership and marketing support
- Manage expenses that complies with company guidelines and demonstrates fiscal responsibility and judgment
- Other duties as assigned
- Collaboration Skills
- Organization Skills
- Persuasive Communication
- Technical Capacity
- Results Orientation
- Diagnostic Information Gathering
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Director of EdTech Sales must have excellent written, verbal, and auditory communication skills and ability. The Director of EdTech Sales must have a valid driver's license and be physically able to drive and travel. Light lifting will be required on occasion.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Occasional travel may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience selling SaaS/EdTech products and solutions, to K-12 schools preferred but not required
- 2 years of leadership experience required
- Successful record of hunting / prospecting net new opportunities and building a process to build, qualify, and close/form new partnership clients
- Proven experience working with internal teams to maximize selling opportunities and customer experience
- High-energy; thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, start-up sales environment
- Ability to learn and explain technical concepts to technical and non-technical staff at school districts
- Technologically proficient with Salesforce.com, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Solution Tree is committed to the health and safety of its employees and the customers we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and onboarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources team will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage of the recruiting process, including if this role will require the selected candidate to be vaccinated.
Solution Tree is an Affirmative Action - Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.