Front Desk Agent
Solution Tree delivers comprehensive professional development to schools and districts around the world. We empower K–12 educators to raise student achievement through a wide range of services and products including educator conferences, customized district solutions for long-term professional development, books, videos, and online courses. When you join Solution Tree, you join a highly regarded team that is dedicated to providing quality and excellence in professional development. Guided by our mission, vision, and values, our team is united under one goal – to transform education worldwide to ensure learning for all. If you have the passion and skill to help further Solution Tree’s mission, we want to hear from you.
- Innovative, team-oriented environment
- Working with leading voices and rising stars in staff development
- A compensation package that includes competitive pay and benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401k, paid time off, and more.
- Doing work that matters
Front Desk Agent:
The Front Desk Agent is the first impression for colleagues, visitors, and vendors as they enter our building. This position is responsible for a variety of tasks, ranging from basic clerical activities to vendor coordination to mail distribution and beyond.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Welcome and direct colleagues visitors as they arrive at the office
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary materials
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries and express mail services
- Assist in the ordering, receiving, stocking, and distribution of office supplies
- Support basic office maintenance and repairs by coordinating with vendors and Director of Operations to ensure a productive working environment for all
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk
- Other duties as assigned
- Ethical Practice
- Relationship Management
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Proficiency
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Majority of job functions will be performed sitting/standing behind a desk and at a computer; additionally, certain tasks require the employee to walk, push, pull, and lift items throughout the building.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience:
- Education: High School diploma or higher
- Experience: Customer service experience, basic computer skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Solution Tree is committed to the health and safety of its employees and the customers we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and onboarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources team will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage of the recruiting process, including if this role will require the selected candidate to be vaccinated.
Solution Tree is an Affirmative Action - Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.