Inside Sales - Director of Educational Partnerships (Northeast Region)
- Full Time
Solution Tree delivers comprehensive professional development to schools and districts around the world. We empower K–12 educators to raise student achievement through a wide range of services and products including educator conferences, customized district solutions for long-term professional development, books, videos, and online courses. Our headquarters is located in beautiful downtown Bloomington, Indiana, home of Indiana University and some of the best cultural, educational, and natural resources in the area. When you join Solution Tree, you join a highly regarded team that is dedicated to providing quality and excellence in professional development. Guided by our mission, vision, and values, our team is united under one goal – to transform education worldwide to ensure learning for all. If you have the passion and skill to help further Solution Tree’s mission, we want to hear from you.
- Innovative, team-oriented environment
- Working with leading voices and rising stars in staff development
- A compensation package that includes competitive pay and benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401k, paid time off, and more.
- Doing work that matters
The Position: (Candidates in PA, DE, DC, and MD will be considered)
Inside Sales - Director of Educational Partnerships (Northeast Region):
- Are you motivated to achieve goals?
- Do you have experience selling in the k-12 education space?
- Are you friendly and outgoing?
If you said yes to all three questions, then I want to hear from you!
We are looking for a passionate person to tell our story and share our solutions. This inside sales position works with a collaborative team of sales professionals to sell proven K-12 professional development programs and services. It's an exciting role as the position partners with educators and administrators to develop solutions that will support and enhance student success. The selected candidate will enjoy a competitive base salary, bonus program, and a comprehensive benefits package. Please scroll down for more details.
Internally, the role is titled Inside Sales-Director of Educational Partnerships or (IS-DEP) for short. The role is an inside sales position covering Pennsylvania, D.C., Delaware, Maryland, and other segments of the East Regional Market as determined by the Regional VP of Sales. The position requires the ability to develop and strategically execute a territory sales plan that meets or exceeds the revenue goals established around our core offerings of print and online resources, educator events, and onsite professional development. An IS-DEP compensation plan includes a base salary + commission.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Achievement of monthly benchmarks and annual contracted revenue sales goals.
- Product and market knowledge:
- Ability to present unique product offerings and comprehensive solutions to individuals and groups
- Utilization of competition knowledge to inform sales strategy
- Observing market trends and communicating to customers and colleagues
- Expense management that complies with company guidelines and demonstrates fiscal responsibility and judgment.
- Solution Selling
- Account targeting and territory planning
- Developing and nurturing customer relationships with key decision-makers including Superintendents, district administrators, and school Principals
- Timely information-sharing with sales management and internal partners
- Successful business meetings with decision-makers via video conferencing and by phone
- Technologically proficient with Salesforce.com, Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Collaboration Skills
- Organization Skills
- Persuasive Communication
- Technical Capacity
- Results Orientation
- Diagnostic Information Gathering
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Inside Sales-Director of Educational Partnerships must have excellent written, verbal, and auditory communication skills and ability. They must have a valid driver's license and be physically able to drive and travel. Light lifting will be required on occasion.
This is a remote position that requires a home office preferably based in the physical territory.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work and travel may be required as job duties demand.
While the expectation of the IS-DEP is to primarily engage customers in a remote setting, there are times when limited overnight and out-of-state travel are required to attend team meetings, company events, or other purposes specified by sales leaders. The typical IS-DEP will travel less than 15% of the time.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of five years of successful sales experience
- Two years of K-12 sales experience required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Solution Tree is committed to the health and safety of its employees and the customers we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and onboarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources team will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage of the recruiting process, including if this role will require the selected candidate to be vaccinated.
Solution Tree is an Affirmative Action - Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.