Regional Vice President of Sales - Central Region
- Bloomington, IN
- Full Time
- Solution Tree, Inc.
This is a remote position. Candidates from Arkansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, will be considered.
The Regional Vice President of Sales role is an outside sales management position responsible for the assigned geographic territory.
The position requires the ability to develop and strategically execute a regional sales plan that meets or exceeds the revenue goals established around our core offerings of print and online resources, educator events, and onsite professional development.
The Regional VP of Sales will manage a team of 8-10 sales professionals (combination of field and inside sales reps), which will include hiring, training, and ongoing coaching to reach sales goals.
Summary of essential job functions
- Achievement of monthly and annual contracted revenue sales goals through the creation and execution of a focused sales strategy.
- Coach sales professionals to conduct impactful customer meetings that are customer-centric and results in sales.
- Selling Skills:
- Solution Selling, sometimes individually, more often as a coach in the field with the regional sales team
- Account targeting and territory planning
- Developing and nurturing customer relationships with key decision-makers including Superintendents, district administrators, and school Principals
- Successful business meetings with decision-makers in person, by phone, and via video conferencing
- Product and market knowledge:
- Ability to present unique product offerings and comprehensive solutions to individuals and groups
- Utilization of competition knowledge to inform sales strategy
- Observing market trends and funding opportunities and communicating to customers and colleagues
- Participation, organization of, and sometimes leading sales meetings. Both via zoom and in person.
- Technologically proficient with Salesforce.com, Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Expense management that complies with company guidelines and demonstrates fiscal responsibility and judgment.
• Leadership Skills
• Results Orientation
• Collaboration Skills
• Organizational Skills
• Analytical Skills
• Persuasive Communication
• Effective Time Management
• Proficiency in using Salesforce.com and Microsoft (Excel, Word, PPT)
This is a field position that requires a home office based in the physical territory.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Regional Vice President of Sales must have excellent written, verbal, and auditory communication skills and ability. They must have a valid driver's license and be physically able to drive and travel. Light lifting will be required on occasion.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work and travel are also required as job duties demand.
Overnight and out-of-state travel are required for this position. The amount of travel is directly related to meeting territory sales goals and will vary. Travel is expected within the assigned territory, and approximately four trips per year to the Solution Tree home office in Bloomington, IN. Estimated travel overall is 60-70% during peak selling and event seasons, and 50% during normal times of the year.
Required Education and Experience
Minimum five years of successful sales experience
Two years of K-12 sales experience and/or sales management required
Three years of sales management experience required